About a month ago, Henley walked into a spiderweb. Since then, everywhere we go, she points them out and exclaims "Spider! Spider"! Being that it's Halloween season, there are spiders everywhere and she loves them! I don't get it, but it's really cute. I saw these cookies on Pinterest last year and knew I had to make some for her.
Archive for October 2015
Sunday, October 25, 2015
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Who remembers Jello Jigglers from when they were a kid?! I can think of a few times my mom made them for us and we loved them. So, when I was shopping at Walmart a few weeks ago, and saw some fun Jello flavors, I wanted to make them for Henley. My husband had the bright idea to get a silicone mold for them instead of using cookie cutters and the result is genius! Here is how to make an easy Jello Jigglers treat for your family:
- 1 box of Jello in any flavor
- Silicone mold
- 1 1/4 Cups boiling water
- Pam spray
- Mixing bowl
- Spouted measuring cup
- Bring 1 1/4 C water to a boil and add to Jello mix in a bowl. Whisk together for 3 minutes, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Prepare your silicone mold by lightly spraying each individual mold/shape with Pam. I rub it in with a paper towel so that there isn't an excess of Pam...it will leave a film on your jello if you have too much in there, yuck!
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a spouted measuring cup and pour evenly between your molds. If you fill your molds about 1/3 full, you should yield about 12 shapes.
- Place molds in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours (until firm). In my fridge, they are usually ready in about an hour.