I love Pinterest recipes. Only once or twice have I been let down by a recipe I have made that was a Pinterest find. I think part has to do with that I know what I like and that I like cheesy, buttery, not healthy stuff, ha! So, when I came upon a recipe that looked cheesy, yummy, and was a Mexican food-type dish, I knew this one was calling my name.
Upon reading the recipe, which dons low-fat cheese and subs ground turkey for ground beef, I decided to nix the low fat version for my own full fat one. If there's one thing in this house we don't skimp on, it's cheese. We are cheeseballs in personality, photos, and food! The more cheese, the better, and low-fat cheese just isn't the same. I also am weirded out by ground turkey, and I don't know why. If you prefer a healthier version, you can use ground turkey and low-fat cheese and biscuits.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 C. shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar Jack)
- 10 oz. can of enchilada sauce (I use mild for my kiddo's sake)
- 16 oz. can of refrigerator biscuits (I used Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle Original)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black or pinto beans
- Any toppings you want! (I prefer sour cream and salsa verde)
Henley loved this dish, which was pleasantly surprising! When she finished what was on her tray she said "biscuit! biscuit"! Sorry the pics aren't pretty, but the taste will make up for it, I promise!