I had never heard of cherry limeade until a Sonic came to town a few years ago and from then on, I was hooked! Something about it is just so refreshing. So, when I wanted to make popsicles this week, a light went off in my head that flashed: Cherry Limeade Popsicles! Yum! Here's how I made them:
Ingredients: (Makes about 6 popsicles)
- 1 C. Limeade
- 1/2 C. Cherry 7up
- A handful of fresh cherries
- Popsicle maker, popsicle mold, or paper cups and popsicle sticks
- Halve and slice cherries to desired size. I cut each cherry into 4 slices.
- Mix together the limeade and Cherry 7up.
- In your popsicle maker/mold/paper cup, add in cherry slices and cherry limeade mixture. If using a popsicle maker (I used my Zoku one, which I love), follow directions for freezing time. Mine were frozen in about ten minutes. If using a popsicle mold, fill and freeze for a few hours or until completely frozen. If using paper cups and popsicle sticks, fill your paper cup and then cover with aluminum foil or saran wrap and stick the popsicle stick through the foil/wrap. Freeze for a few hours or until completely frozen.
|Even my dog wanted in on some popsicle action!|
These popsicles are perfect for a hot summer day! They are sweet, but not too sweet, and the cherries make them a healthier option for popsicles than the average store bought kind! This is a great project for you and the kiddos; I always loved making popsicles growing up! Hope you enjoy!