Yesterday, I went to Michael's with a friend who was looking to make a yarn wreath, and saw all of their patriotic decor. I felt like it was a little early for July, but then realized, gosh, it's June! My mind went back to the fabric at home, and I decided that it'd be perfect for a patriotic rag wreath!
I have never made a rag wreath before, but a friend had so I kind of went by her directions. Here's how I did it:
What you need:
- 9 strips of coordinating fabric about 7"x 48" long
- Rotary cutter or scissors
- Wire wreath form (mine is 18")
- Any embellishments you want to add
- Cut your fabric into 1"x7" strips. If you have a rotary cutter, use it! It will be way easier than cutting out all these strips with scissors. If you don't have one, you should! It makes life (and cutting fabric) soooo much easier. That being said, you can use scissors to cut the strips as well.
- Knot your fabric strips around your frame. I alternated red and blue fabrics. The closer together you push the knots, the fuller your wreath will be. I wanted mine to be really full, so I jam-packed my wreath form with as many knots as I could fit!
- Adhere any embellishments you want to your wreath. I used some cute little firecrackers and stars that I found at Joann's and attached them with a glue gun.
- That's it! Just hang your new wreath for you and your neighbors to admire! I love how my wreath turned out! Now off to see what else I can make for the 4th of July...stay tuned!
|Or So She Says...|
- See more at: http://www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com/
This tutorial is shared at: fluffer buster, dukes and duchesses, a pinch of joy, sumos sweet stuff, by stephanie lynn, three mango seeds, what's cooking with ruthie, french country cottage, all our days, common ground, shaken together life, 504 main, a handful of everything, a creative princess, this silly girl's life, the life of jennifer dawn, saavy southern style, cherished handmade treasures, house on the way, cornerstone confessions, mercy ink, the blackberry vine, be betsy, the winthrop chronicles, hope studios, home stories a to z, nap time creations , just misty, debbiedoo's, serendipity and spice, diy home sweet home, boogieboard cottage, create with joy, mad in crafts, skip to my lou, say not sweet anne, the plaid and paisley kitchen, titi crafty, will cook for smiles, diy showoff, angels homestead, krysta steen, the pin junkie, seven thirty three, white lights on wednesday, my girlish whims, the ny melrose family, lady behind the curtain, polkadots on parade, not just a housewife, coastal charm, memories by the mile, craft-o-maniac, keeping it simple, the shabby nest, a glimpse inside, flamingo toes, a vision to remember, living well spending less, romantic home, a glimpse inside, serenity now, thirty handmade days