Geez Louise! The 4th of July is less than a week away!? Where did June go? I need to make a ton of stuff for next week and haven't even started! Eek!
Well, to get into the spirit of things, I thought I would share with you my mantle decor today.
I usually have my lanterns up that were props from our wedding, and I just change something about them to tie in with the current theme. This holiday, I tied flag ribbon to the tops of them.
Then, I framed this adorable printable from Hostess with the Mostess. We are also using her printables for our 4th BBQ, which I can't wait to share with you!
Finally, I made this flag banner and it was so easy! In a few minutes you can have a custom flag banner for your 4th festivities.
What you need:
- Mini American flags (Thank you, Target dollar section! A pack of three for a dollar!)
- Bias tape or ribbon
- Remove as many flags as you want to use from their sticks. I pulled mine off pretty easily.
- If you are using bias tape, space out your flags evenly, sandwich them between the tape, and pin. If you are using ribbon, space the flags out evenly and pin.
- Sew down the bias tape or ribbon as close to the edge as possible.
- Done! So simple and you have a cute and non-cheapy looking (albeit cheap) banner!