More and more I am seeing food videos pop up in my Facebook feed. I'm sure you know the ones I am talking about: they're quick, look so easy, and of course, delicious. I usually save them only to be added to the long list of recipes and links in my Facebook folder that I never really look at again. Well, I came across this one and it stuck in my head, one, because it is a dessert, and two, because it only has two main ingredients that you might already have in your kitchen. I had to finally try one of these video recipes to se if the are indeed that simple and "Tasty".
- 1 Pint ice cream (any flavor, but I used plain old vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup self-rising flour
- Optional: mix-ins (I used sprinkles and chocolate chips)
- Allow ice cream to melt in your mixing bowl. Once melted, slowly add in flour and mix until well blended.
- Mix in sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.
- Line a bread tin with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon bread mix into pan evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 34-40 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy with a scoop of ice cream!
Simple enough, right? I really liked this dessert, but more so when served with ice cream. Keep in mind that this is a BREAD recipe, not a cake recipe. Ice Cream Bread is only mildly sweet and is sort of dense. When you serve it with ice cream it makes it sweeter and a little more moist.